Fish Sauce. Nam Pla (น้ำปลา). Nước mắm. Garum. Eojang (어장). In any language, this stuff is full of rich flavors, and is also nutritious, packed with protein and amino acids!
We will take you through the process, close up and step by step, so you can master the art of making fish sauce at home.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to safely make and bottle homemade fermented fish sauce
- Ten ways to use fish sauce in cooking
- The science behind fish fermentation
- How to select the best fish for making fish sauce
- BONUS: We'll even take a Field trip to the Scripps Oceanography Institution in San Diego, California to learn about sustainable fisheries.
With lots of video footage (recorded over the course of 1 year) and tips, after watching, you'll be ready to start your own batch of the stinky stuff!